Friday, June 12, 2009

What is your STYLE!

Eclectic Style


Everyone has a style whether it be modern, contemporary, traditional, eclectic etc. I enjoy a mix of everything! I would say I am more of an eclectic style. I love walking into a home where the colors are warm, fabrics are rich and it just feels homey! Eclectic style is about mixing rather than matching, though all design elements should coordinate to achieve a look that is fresh. Eclectic style is the fingerprint of innovation and creativity. Borrowing from different sources and periods, eclectic style is a highly individualized style and is easily changed on a whim. A person with an eclectic style is a person with a lot of favorites who finds a way to indulge in them all. Purple and pink together? Why not? Modern and traditional furniture? Absolutely. The eclectic minded person finds a way to have it all and make it make it visually cohesive. Eclectic style is casual and approachable, making it a natural choice for home or business decor. Far from generic, eclectic style is the harmony in contrast and it NEVER goes out of style! So, what is YOUR style....

*photo inspiration by Coastal Living*

1 comment:

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

I'm a HUGE fan of eclectic! I like way too many things to pin myself down to one boring style!