Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Summer-time Honey Chicken Salad!!!


So, I went to The Cheddar Box the other day with my mom for lunch and fell in love with their honey chicken salad!! I wasnt able to get the recipe online so I did some digging and found this fabulous recipe from Southern Living...it had all the ingredients that The Cheddar Box had! I cant wait to make it!

Ingredients
4 cups chopped cooked chicken
3 celery ribs, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
1 cup cranrasins (Ocean Spray)
1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
1/3 cup honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Garnish: chopped toasted pecans
Preparation
1. Combine first 4 ingredients.
2. Whisk together mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients. Add to chicken mixture, stirring gently until combined. Garnish, if desired.


Teresa Mosher, Bradenton, Florida, Southern Living Our Readers' Top-Rated Recipes, Southern Living, JUNE 2006




1 comment:

Chubby Chieque said...

Wow! this is perfect for summer porch party appetizer, isn't it?

I definitely, make this nxt week end as I have some ladies coming for a cocktail party.

Thanks for sharing...

xoxo